A 19th Century Landmark Located by the Banks of the Humber River
|HOME HISTORY LOCATION EVENTS NEWS HERITAGE YORK RENTALS PHOTOS CONTACT US|
The Howland Room
The Howland Room is located on the main floor, on the east side of the building. The former men's beverage room is named for Sir William Pierce Howland, our only American-born Father of Confederation and first full-term Lieutenant Governor of Ontario. In the late 19th century, he and his brothers owned all the land visible around the Lambton House. The north fireplace is original, with the 1872 colour portrait of Howland hanging above the fireplace. There are also 2 19th. century maps on the north wall.
33' X 18'
Contact our office at (416) 767-5472 or by email Rentals@lambtonhouse.org
For pictures of the room, click here.